Hi Everyone! I hope you all are enjoying your weekend! Here is a recap of some good eats from my weekend and a couple of recipes 🙂
Blackberry French Toast
- 3 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup blackberries (frozen)
- Agave nectar or Maple Syrup
- Whisk together eggs and cinnamon. Individually dunk the bread and cover with the mixture. Place bread onto a skillet set to medium. Flip after a few minutes.
- Microwave the frozen blackberries for 2 minutes in a bowl. This makes a great topping and sauce. Pour on top of the french toast and drizzel with agave nectar or maple syrup. Enjoy!
Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
I have a lot of food I need to get rid of before my move in June…including a whole lotta’ frozen butter. For some reason I thought I would go through 8 sticks? Not so much. I decided to try my hand at making homemade cookies. There is nothing really healthy about em’ besides using whole wheat flour, but wow, are they tasty! Butter is definitely essential sometimes! 😉
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- cinnamon to taste
- *Optional: 2 tbsp peanut butter (I had to use it up!)
- Mix everything together with an electric mixer until well blended. The mixture will be thick.
- Spoon out dough onto greased cookie sheets about 2 inches a part. I made about 30 cookies.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
More eats and treats from my weekend
What was the best thing you ate this weekend?
If you like beer, what is your favorite kind?