I’m going to be pretty busy over the next week with moving and wrapping up my job here in Georgia so I’ll be popping in here as much as I am able to! I’m still reading all of your blogs though!
Let’s Talk About FOOOOOD!
I don’t showcase all of the food I eat in a day on my blog. The main reason is that I currently live alone and I eat the same thing a lot…which doesn’t make for the most exciting blogging material!
I also don’t want to feel obligated to capture every morsel of food on camera, it’s just not realistic for my life and not what my blog is about. And I don’t want to be mid-bite into my sandwich only to have to run out and get my camera!
I do, however, showcase some meals that I think are picture worthy, whether it be a new recipe that I tried or just a breakfast that was delicious. I hope to have more blog-worthy meals once I get this move over with!
What I ate Yesterday
Today I wanted to give you some insight into what I consume on a typical day. I want to show you how I mix and match the healthy stuff with the not-so-healthy stuff on a daily basis and maintain a healthy weight for my body. Some days I manage to eat better than others, but at the end of the week I think everything balances out just fine.
For breakfast I need a mix of protein, fiber, and fat. Lately I have been working out after breakfast (I wait 2 hours after I eat before I workout though) and so having a healthy mix of fat, carbs, and protein gives me sustainable energy for cardio and/or strength training.
- 2 eggs cooked over easy
- 2 pieces of 100% whole wheat toast
- 1 large green apple, chopped
- 1 cup of almond milk to drink
- black coffee
- 32 oz water
Sometimes I don’t need a mid-morning snack and sometimes I do. On this particular day, I did!
- 2 large crackers (Wheat Thin brand)
- About 1 tbsp of dark chocolate almond butter. I made a ‘sandwich’ out of the crackers and peanut butter
Yesterday I went out to lunch with some co-workers. I typically don’t go out to eat (I usually pack my lunch in the morning), but I got an invite and enjoyed a nice lunch while getting to socialize.
- Chicken salad stuffed in a pita pocket w/ lettuce
- A bag of Baked BBQ Lays
- Unsweetened iced tea to drink
- After lunch I stopped at my apartment to let my dogs out and also had 2 homemade chocolate chip cookies
Just like my mid-morning snack, sometimes I need one in the afternoon and sometimes I don’t. My lunch was bigger than normal, so I was not hungry until dinner time.
- Last night I had leftover homemade pizza (2 slices) that had mushrooms, tomatoes and cheese on it. I didn’t finish about a quarter of the 2nd slice
- I also had a side of sauteed zucchini and squash that was tossed in olive oil and topped with parmesan cheese.
- A glass of water to drink
After Dinner Snack
- I like to munch at night…I had 3 more chocolate chip cookies. Not the best choice, but it’s what I decided to eat at that moment.
My thoughts on what I ate
Negative: Lots of cookies!
I love to bake. But living alone is tough since I’m the only one that ends up eating the goods! 5 cookies in a day is a bit much. All I can do is move on and aim to eat less cookies tomorrow 😉
Positive: I enjoy what I eat!
I thoroughly enjoyed everything I ate today. It was what I wanted to eat, not what I thought I was “supposed” to be eating. This way of eating allows me to have a healthy relationship with food. I don’t ever “fear” food itself or food during social situations like I did when I was dieting for a figure competition. No food is off limits!
There you have it! A day in the life of my exciting eats!
What did you eat yesterday?