Since I had a snow day and didn’t want to leave the house, I had the urge to cook!
After my workout and having some lunch, I decided to make some Valentine themed cookies. I had some cookie mix in the pantry that I have had since Christmas and also had some Valentine’s Day M&Ms that I purchased on Sunday. I thought why not combine the two!
I followed the directions on the cookie mix bag and added the M&Ms. Within 15 minutes, I was eating cookies (and maybe a spoonful or three of cookie dough!)
I had to sample one to make sure it was good…
This was a winning combination! I had 4 today, I can’t keep keep my hand out of that bucket!
Before I polished off more cookies, I made sure to have some dinner. I have been wanting to make a pasta dish for the past few days but I had to plow through some serious left overs first (pizza 5 days in a row? Yeah, I did!) So tonight was my chance to cook! I decided to make my own version of Spaghetti Pie.
Chicken Sausage Spaghetti Pie
- 1 package of whole wheat spaghetti, cooked according to directions
- 1 package of pre-cooked chicken sausage (I used an asiago and red pepper flavor sausage)
- 1 container of lowfat ricotta cheese
- Shredded mozzarella cheese (roughly 1/2 c)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Chopped green pepper
- Chopped onion
- Garlic, minced
- 1 package frozen broccoli, thawed
- Marinara sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp butter
- Italian seasoning
Mix parmesan cheese, egg, and butter into cooked pasta. Place inside a pan like a ‘pie crust’. Spread ricotta cheese over pasta.
Heat the remaining ingredients in a skillet over medium heat. Add the mixture on top of the pasta and ricotta. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Add the shredded mozzarella cheese on top and bake an additional 5 minutes. Eat and enjoy!
This was a very good and filling dinner. Andy enjoyed it too! I would definitely make this again.
Today’s topic is to discuss how you want your future to turn out. For me, it’s very simple, really. Here is what I would like to see in my life:
- Fullfullment and purpose through love, my job, challenges, relationships and helping others
- Enjoying my time here on Earth and all the people in my life
- Starting a family and being surrouned by loved ones
- Many trips to the beach!
If I am blessed to have all of that, then I will be one fullfilled individual 🙂
What is something you want to see in your future?