Well, it snowed. A lot. And my work did not issue a snow day (or as it’s really called: “Federal Close”…snow day just sounds more fun 🙂 ). Total bummer! But to put a positive spin on this I managed to take some beautiful pictures driving into work today (I was going about 20mph, don’t worry!)
The snowy mess in Ohio can get old quickly, but the beauty of it certainly does not. I took a moment to appreciate this scenic view.
This is the hill I drive down right before I get to the Fitness Center I work at:
I love the way the snow looks on the trees! There are often deer in this area as well, but I didn’t see any on my drive.
Even though the scenery was nice when I got to work, the drive in was a bit rough. The highways were snow covered and I went about 25-30mph the whole time. So instead of my drive being 35 minutes it took 60. I took my time though and made sure to leave early. One thing I’ve learned driving in this kind of weather is to drive slow and steady. You can’t get cocky in the snow, it has a mind of it’s own! There were plenty of vehicles spun out and sitting on the side of the road or in a snow bank.
Easy BBQ Chicken Recipe
I have made this recipe two weeks in a row because it’s delicious and simple! I love my crock pot and usually make at least one meal with it each week.
This recipe was from the Hungry Girl cookbook and you can find it here on the website.
- 1 1/2 lb. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breasts, halved
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. brown sugar (not packed)
- 2 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- Optional: red pepper flakes, to taste
- Place all ingredients except the chicken in the crock pot. Stir until mixed. Add chicken and coat well with the sauce.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 – 4 hours OR on low for 7 – 8 hours, until chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove all the chicken and place it in a bowl. Shred each piece using two forks — one to hold the chicken in place and the other to scrape across the meat and shred it. Return the shredded chicken to the crock pot, and mix well with the sauce.
This recipe is awesome! I love the flavor of the sauce. I served my chicken with some roasted potatoes and green beans.
The potatoes were roasted in the oven at 375 degrees for about 40 minutes. I topped them with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and sprayed the pan with some non-stick cooking spray.
I have no set plans this weekend! That seems to be the trend lately! I swear, winter time is when everyone hibernates! I’m ready for some warmer weather already!
Tonight is of course Pizza Friday! It’s also a night when I catch up on some trashy TV (Real Housewives and Jersey Shore are my top favorites at the moment) Andy plays video games while I watch garbage TV…that’s his guilty pleasure 😉
Have a great night everyone!
Do you have a favorite crock pot recipe? If so, please share!