Have you entered the Amazing Grass giveaway yet? If not, there’s still time! I’ll be picking a winner tomorrow night!
This morning started out with a nice workout. I came into work early to get in some exercise before my day started at 8:30am. I am planning on running a race with my dad in a few weeks, which I didn’t realize was coming up so soon! We’re running either the 5K or the 10K at the Flying Pig Marathon. Depending on how my running goes over the next few weeks will determine the distance 😉
According to my workout log I have not hit the treadmill since March 10th! Woops! I guess I needed a break from running. But now that the weather is beginning to warm up, I think running will be more appealing to me and I’ll be able to take it outside. Bottom line: I need to get my booty in gear if I want to do this race!
This morning I eased back into running and completed 20 minutes at paces between 5.0 and 6.0. After the run I decided to do a weight circuit as I wasn’t feeling any more cardio.
I did the following exercises two times through, back to back:
- Assisted Pull Ups: 8 reps
- Push Ups on toes: 10 reps
- One Leg Deadlift with a kettle bell: 10 reps each leg
- See Saw Shoulder Press with dumbbells (alternating arms): 12 reps each arm
- Walking Lunges with overhead front raise holding a medicine ball: 12 reps each leg
- One Arm Dumbbell Row: 10 reps each arm
The circuit only took about 10-15 minutes to complete, but kept me moving the whole time. Felt good! I also stretched for a good 10-15 minutes too. My hips are tight from my lack of stretching lately. When I’m not running consistently, I slack on stretching also.
My Go-To Shoe
During my run I realized I needed new shoes. They feel quite worn! My go-to shoes are Sauconys. I love this brand! I get the same shoes each time (or a variation of the shoe). I will be purchasing my third pair of Saucony Cohesions. They’re a solid shoe for neutral runners and I definitely recommend this brand!
I almost always buy my shoes online since I know which kind of shoes I like, plus it’s so convenient! (side note: I recommend going to a specialty running shoe store if you’re new to running to get properly fitted)
The Running Warehouse
One of my favorite places to shop online for shoes is the Running Warehouse. This is a great website with a terrific variety of shoes and apparel. The customer service is also great and keeps me going back to them. The orders ship quickly and they have a free returns if there is a problem with the shoes.
2nd Day Give Away!
How to Enter
- For your chance to win the $25.00 gift certificate to the Running Warehouse, simply comment on this post telling me your go-to running or athletic shoe!
- You can get an extra submission by linking this giveaway on your blog. Just leave a separate comment telling me you did so!
Good luck! I’ll be picking a winner for this giveaway on Thursday!