I’ve been extremely busy at work these days and it has left little time for blogging, unfortunately. I am the contest director of a weight management program at work and I’ve been gearing up for a big rewards luncheon that is this afternoon. I’m excited for it, yet happy that it will be over today so I can enjoy my weekend as I have some fun plans!
I’m heading home to Cincinnati for a weekend of celebration. It’s my friend Kelly’s bachelorette party on Friday! I’ve known Kelly since we were 12. Time certainly flies, I can’t believe my friends are starting to get married!!! I still feel 12 half the time 😉
We are taking a party bus to downtown Cincinnati Friday night and I can’t wait! I’m ready to celebrate with my friends and have a good time dancing, drinking, and laughing the night away! Until then though, I need to focus on my event today! Luckily I came in early to work so I’ll be out of here by 2:30PM and on the road to Cincinnati right after.
Although I am looking forward to this fun weekend, I’ll certainly be missing Andy and the pups and I told them not to eat too much pizza or Dairy Queen blizzards without me!
Miss em’ already!
Outdoor Cardio Workout
Before I get back to planning my little heart out, I wanted to share a workout I took one of my classes through. It was really nice out yesterday, so we did a workout outside, which is a nice change.
- 1 mile walk or jog (we have an outside track)
- Walking with knee raises (alternating knees). We did approximately 40 steps walking down a stretch of pavement and then walked back.
- Jumping Jacks: At the end of one set of knee raises, do 30 Jumping Jacks, then walk back with knee raises and complete 30 more jumping jacks.
- Walking with Alternating Front Kicks: Approximately 40 walking down and then another set walking back.
- 30 Body Weight Squats or Squat Jumps: Do these at the end of the front kicks, so 2x as you go down and back.
- Walking Lunges with weights: Approximately 30 reps (15 each leg), 2 sets.
- Alternating Shoulder Press: At the end of the lunges, do 30 alternating shoulder presses (15 each arm). Lunge back and do another set of shoulder presses.
- 15 Wide Squats with Upright Rows super set with 30 alternating Bicep Curls: 1 set
- In a Plank (push up position): 30 Alternating rows (15 each arm): 1 set
- In a Side Plank: Add a knee tuck by bringing your bottom knee towards chest and down, 15 reps. Repeat on other side: 1 set
- 1 mile walk or jog to finish out the workout
- Quad stretch
- Hamstring stretch
- IT band stretch
- Hip Flexor stretch
- Glute stretch
- Shoulder and back stretches
If you ran, this workout took about 45 minutes. For walking, it took closer to an hour. Those who walked did about 1/2 mile at the end instead of a full mile due to time constraints.
Do you like to workout outdoors? If so, what is your favorite thing to do? Running is definitely my favorite!